If you’re looking for an employer of choice, you’ve found it!
Rocky Mountain Credit Union’s commitment to its staff, members and communities are a benchmark in Montana! We’ve been serving our members for over 75 years and can attribute our growth not only to our progressive products and services, but also our outstanding team members and dedication to our cooperative spirit. Come join an organization you can be proud of!
Rocky Mountain Crediy Union offers a career, not just a job.
Our employee benefits package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, and comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, retirement plans with employer match, training programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs.
We have five branches in Montana:
- Helena (3400 N. Montana Ave, main office)
- Helena (1820 11th Ave)
- Belgrade (90 W. Madison Ave)
- Bozeman (8645 Huffine Lane)
- Butte (2101 Yale Ave)
To ensure advancement opportunities, promotions are encouraged from within.
Vacant positions are posted internally and all employees are encouraged to apply.
We provide many opportunities and programs for our employees to develop their talents through our in-house training and online learning courses. We believe in giving our staff the tools they need to succeed, and encourage them to take advantage of all we have to offer.
We also have a tuition assistance program for CEO-approved undergraduate and graduate educational courses.
We maintain a workplace culture that attracts, engages, retains, and develops a highly talented workforce.
Our culture reflects our commitment to our members to provide financial service relationships of lasting value that exceed member and community expectations and reward members for their loyalty.
We are proud to promote from within and have averaged 14 internal promotions a year since 2014! We also have many long-term employees and our employee tenure averages 4.17 years, with very low turnover rates! That’s a true indicator of the culture we’ve established and the priority we place on growing, developing and advancing our team members.
Rocky is proud of its commitment to our valued staff and our 2016 Employee Engagement Survey supports this! We scored an overall satisfaction rating of 94% with our staff!
Here are some of our favorable components and ratings of satisfaction:
- Executive Leadership – 95%
- Work Environment – 96%
- Supervisory Management Effectiveness – 92%
- Communication – 90%
- Pay – 89%
- Benefits – 98%
- Operational Efficiency – 96%
- Organizational Practices 95%
- Employee Development & Recognition – 84%
- Work/Life Satisfaction – 96%
We are committed to embodying a Service1st culture that respects and values every employee.
We are an organization committed to fostering open, honest communication and placing service to others above all else. We are committed to a service culture that is built on fairness, respect and recognition, and one that rewards employees for their service commitment. We seek to empower employees with knowledge and autonomy so they may build relationships of lasting value that exceed expectations. We are committed to the success of each member of our team, the success of the credit union and an unwavering Service1st experience for our members.
Our Service1st values mean we align our actions, pursue excellence, champion virtues, improve lives, work together and invest personally to succeed.
Providing premier financial services that cause members to think of RMCU first.
Rocky Mountain Credit Union is committed to giving back to our communities.
We are very proud of our community outreach and member development programs. To read more about the programs we support, click here. With respect to our mission, we incorporate numerous business strategies which also help us achieve our goals for community awareness and outreach click here.
We observe all Federal Reserve Bank Holidays, along with additional Holiday closures.
Paid Personal Leave (Accruals based on years of service)
Sick Leave (Accruals based on years of service)
Other Paid Leave
Paid leave for specific types of military and jury duty (full-time & part-time)
Paid Volunteer Time
Employees are encouraged to volunteer their efforts in our local communities and can use up to 16 hours of paid Volunteer Time for this important service.
PPO (Traditional) medical coverage; prescription drug program and mental health programs.
Voluntary Dental Insurance — Comprehensive dental coverage, including orthodontia
Voluntary Vision Insurance — Basic vision program including routine vision care coverage and opportunities for vision buy-up plans offered through an extensive provider network
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) — Both Dependent Care FSA and Medical Flex
Disability Coverage — Fully paid, short-term and long-term disability plans
Life and AD&D Insurance — 100% paid. Provides benefits of two times annual salary for Life Insurance and two times annual salary for Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Long Term Care Insurance – Employer paid premiums for basic plan; opportunity for additional employee paid coverage
Supplemental Group Life Insurance
Supplemental Accident/Catastrophic Coverage
Long Term Care Insurance
Eligible employees and dependents. Must meet eligibility requirements.
401(k) Savings Plan
Optional defined contribution retirement plan. You contribute pre-tax dollars and choose the fund(s) in which you wish to invest. RMCU employer match and discretionary profit sharing available.
Work/Life Balance Programs
Employee Assistance Program
Classes, seminars and webinars
Business casual dress policy
Drug- and smoke-free work environment
Employees at all levels of the organization have the opportunity to attend employer-sponsored training. Our curriculum includes:
- Sales & Service
- Job-relevant training and certification
- Ad-hoc training
- Comprehensive new hire training
Employee Educational Assistance Program
RMCU provides financial support to employees who participate in externally sponsored educational courses which meet policy criteria, which includes generous financial assistance.
RMCU understands the importance of acknowledging our employees for their exceptional leadership, service, and commitment to our members and our organization. We recognize our employees' achievements with the following:
- Service Anniversary Award—Recognizes and rewards employees who reach the five, ten and 15+ year service mark with public recognition, awarding of a service plaque and a monetary gift
- Sales and non-sales incentive programs
What our staff are saying about us: What do you like most about working for Rocky Mountain Credit Union?
- “Because the job is intriguing. And there are so many opportunities that I am looking forward to exploring them.”
- “Great team and membership.”
- “Benefits and fun atmosphere.”
- “The people i work with and the great benefits package.”
- “Because we are like one big family.”
- “Co-Workers are great! The Benefits are awesome!”
- “RMCU gives me the freedom to contribute ideas that will actually be implemented!”
- “Opportunity for growth, Excellent Wages, and great work environment.”
- “Flexibility in my schedule, chance for advancement and development, strong leadership, great benefits.”
- “My coworkers make it a fun place to work, and the benefits are great for young families.”
- “I enjoy coming to work every day because of the people I work with and the members I get to help. RMCU management has continuously demonstrated to me and other employees that we are a valuable asset to the credit union.”
- “I love the freedom to follow the credit union movement. I feel like this is a great career. I can see myself growing with the credit union. I love my co-workers and feel a part of a team.”
Current Career Openings By Branch
Don't see a career at the branch of your choice? Fill out an application for future position openings.