If you’re looking for an employer of choice, you’ve found it!
Rocky Mountain Credit Union’s commitment to its staff, members and communities are a benchmark in Montana! We’ve been serving our members for over 75 years and can attribute our growth not only to our progressive products and services, but also our outstanding team members and dedication to our cooperative spirit. Come join an organization you can be proud of!
Rocky Mountain Crediy Union offers a career, not just a job.
Our employee benefits package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, and comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, retirement plans with employer match, training programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs.
We have five branches in Montana:
- Helena (3400 N. Montana Ave, main office)
- Helena (1820 11th Ave)
- Belgrade (90 W. Madison Ave)
- Bozeman (8645 Huffine Lane)
- Butte (2101 Yale Ave)
To ensure advancement opportunities, promotions are encouraged from within.
Vacant positions are posted internally and all employees are encouraged to apply.
We provide many opportunities and programs for our employees to develop their talents through our in-house training and online learning courses. We believe in giving our staff the tools they need to succeed, and encourage them to take advantage of all we have to offer.
We also have a tuition assistance program for CEO-approved undergraduate and graduate educational courses.
We maintain a workplace culture that attracts, engages, retains, and develops a highly talented workforce.
Our culture reflects our commitment to our members to provide financial service relationships of lasting value that exceed member and community expectations and reward members for their loyalty.
We are proud to promote from within, and in fact, we have an outstanding promotional rate of 60% and have 13 current staff promotions, YTD*!
*as of July 2015; based on promoting current staff
Rocky is proud of its commitment to our valued staff and our 2014 Employee Engagement Survey supports this! We scored an overall satisfaction rating of 92% with our staff!
Here are some of our favorable components and ratings of satisfaction:
- Executive Leadership – 93%
- Work Environment – 98%
- Supervisory Management Effectiveness – 89%
- Communication – 83%
- Pay – 88%
- Benefits – 96%
- Operational Efficiency – 94%
- Organizational Practices 95%
- Employee Development & Recognition – 87%
- Work/Life Satisfaction – 95%
We are committed to embodying a Service1st culture that respects and values every employee.
We are an organization committed to fostering open, honest communication and placing service to others above all else. We are committed to a service culture that is built on fairness, respect and recognition, and one that rewards employees for their service commitment. We seek to empower employees with knowledge and autonomy so they may build relationships of lasting value that exceed expectations. We are committed to the success of each member of our team, the success of the credit union and an unwavering Service1st experience for our members.
Our Service1st values mean we align our actions, pursue excellence, champion virtues, improve lives, work together and invest personally to succeed.
Providing premier financial services that cause members to think of RMCU first.
Rocky Mountain Credit Union is committed to giving back to our communities.
We are very proud of our community outreach and member development programs. To read more about the programs we support, click here. With respect to our mission, we incorporate numerous business strategies which also help us achieve our goals for community awareness and outreach click here.
10 paid holidays per year; 3 half-day holiday closings per year
Paid Personal Leave (Accruals based on years of service)
Full-time: accrue 16-26 days per year
Part-time: accrue 8-13 days per year
Sick Leave (Accruals based on years of service)
Full-time: accrue 4-8 days per year
Part-time: accrue 1.5-3 days per year
Other Paid Leave
Paid leave for specific types of military and jury duty (full-time & part-time)
Paid Volunteer Time
Employee’s are allowed up to 16 hours of paid regular time each calendar year during regular business hours to volunteer in our communities
- PPO (Traditional) medical coverage; prescription drug program and mental health programs.
- Voluntary Dental Insurance — Comprehensive dental coverage, including orthodontia
- Voluntary Vision Insurance — Basic vision program including routine vision care coverage and opportunities for vision buy-up plans offered through an extensive provider network
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) — Both Dependent Care FSA and Medical Flex
- Disability Coverage — Fully paid, short-term and long-term disability plans
- Life and AD&D Insurance — 100% paid. Provides benefits of two times annual salary for Life Insurance and two times annual salary for Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long Term Care Insurance – Employer paid premiums for basic plan; opportunity for additional employee paid coverage
- Voluntary Benefits
- Supplemental Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Accident/Catastrophic Coverage
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Retirement Plans
401(k) Savings Plan
Optional defined contribution retirement plan. You contribute pre-tax dollars and choose the fund(s) in which you wish to invest. RMCU employer match and discretionary profit sharing available.
- Work/Life Balance Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Classes, seminars and webinars
- Business casual dress policy
- Drug- and smoke-free work environment
Employees at all levels of the organization have the opportunity to attend employer-sponsored training. Our curriculum includes:
- Sales & Service
- Job-relevant training and certification
- Ad-hoc training
- Comprehensive new hire training
Employee Educational Assistance Program
RMCU provides financial support to employees who participate in externally sponsored educational courses which meet policy criteria, which includes generous financial assistance.
RMCU understands the importance of acknowledging our employees for their exceptional leadership, service, and commitment to our members and our organization. We recognize our employees' achievements with the following:
- Service Anniversary Award—Recognizes and rewards employees who reach the five, ten and 15+ year service mark with public recognition, awarding of a service plaque and a monetary gift
- Sales and non-sales incentive programs
What our staff are saying about us: What do you like most about working for Rocky Mountain Credit Union?
- “My supervisor believes in me and my abilities and doesn’t micro-manage my day.”
- “The fact that we are making a positive difference in people’s lives and I’m valued as an employee.”
- “Everything! I love my job, I enjoy the people I work with and I look forward to more opportunity to learn as much as I can. This is by far the best place of employment I’ve ever worked.”
- “There is a high value assigned to work life balance.”
- “RMCU has competitive products/services, good benefits and a flexible schedule.”
- “I feel appreciated, desired and respected here at RMCU. The people here let me know that they want to be here, and that makes coming to work every day a positive experience. I also love that RMCU is so dedicated to learning; I’m always being provided with new training and information to both increase the array of things I’m able to do here as well as keep me interested. I love working here.”
- “The things I love most about working for RMCU are the people, the benefits and the potential for advancement.”
- “I feel like I work for a company that cares about me and the members and what I do makes a difference.”
- “Being part of a movement that starts as just another credit union, to a credit union of CHOICE, and knowing I helped to make that difference.”
- “That everyone, including our CEO, is approachable. There is very little separation between ranks.”
- Member Service Representative (Part Time) - This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest and please be sure to check back periodically for other offerings.
- Apply for a career
- Real Estate Loan Officer - This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest and please be sure to check back periodically for other offerings.