Debit Card Usage
In order to protect our members and the credit union from fraud, we have established the following debit card rules:
- Cards can be used without restriction in the following states: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah.
- If you are traveling outside of one of the above states you have the following options:
- Contact us to let us know where you will be traveling and we will lift the restriction on your card while you travel.
- Use you debit card with your PIN and skip notifying us. Remember that if you choose not to notify us, your card will be declined at any merchant that doesn't accept PIN transactions.
Encryption Announcement & Help
The key to mitigating identity theft and other scams is prevention. Our eSecurity training provides our members and non-members tools to enhance their online security awareness as well as to help prevent identity theft and other scams.
WARNING - YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE - WARNING
PLEASE ENCRYPT ALL FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS BEFORE ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION TO THE CREDIT UNION. The failure to encrypt may cause you injury and damages including but not limited to identity theft. THE CREDIT UNION IS NOT LIABLE FOR LOSS, INJURIES OR DAMAGES TO YOU IF YOU FAIL TO ENCRYPT. Please see below for instructions on how to encrypt and what information, documents and papers must be encrypted.
Members must not send un-encrypted emails containing personal private information to any staff member of RMCU. Examples of personal private information are, but are not limited to: tax returns, payroll stubs or receipts, emails or documentation containing social security numbers or driver’s license numbers, and/or credit card account numbers.
Also, loan applications, new account agreements; basically anything that contains your personal financial information.
Sending any of the above items un-encrypted would allow cyber thieves to steal your identity and they will profit from your mistake.
We cannot over emphasize the importance of your need to use the encryption method we make available to you to help protect your information. Please watch for an encrypted email message from a RMCU staff member and respond using the same method. For complete instructions on encrypted emails please click HERE. NOTE: You must have a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader installed on your device. To install Adobe PDF Reader, please click HERE
Scam Alert! DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION!
Some of our members have received suspicious phones calls requesting personal information. These calls sound like:
- Automated caller
- Claiming member's card has been cancelled
- Claming member needs to input their card information to reactive the card.
Please do not provide your card information if you receive a call like this.
Equifax Data Breach
If you are concerned that your information may have been compromised by the Equifax data breach, please visit the following links for more information: